Welcome

Welcome to UKULELE BABYLON! Uke Bab is here to celebrate the wild and wacky world of the ukulele and to introduce some of the the wonderfully unique and creative folks who have chosen this tiny, eccentric, powerhouse of an instrument to express themselves. So dive in! The water's fine!!!

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Tainted Love

I must be in some sort of 80's rut this week. "Take on Me" yesterday and now, "Tainted Love" today. I honestly didn't plan it this way. I was just doing my daily, random, viewing of uke vids, when all of a sudden I found myself sitting there with a big stupid grin on my face. On the screen was a video, by a couple of guys who call themselves The Re-entrants, playing the 80's techno dance hit, Tainted Love, on ukuleles. How could I not make it the video of the day? The song was a big hit for the band, Soft Cell. However it was written by Ed Cobb and originally recorded by Gloria Jones. I'm sure now that this ukulele rendition will be widely regarded as the definitive version of the tune. Have fun!



Next: On the Road Again

No comments:

Post a Comment